Who is an Artisan?
An artisan is a skilled individual who creates original and high quality handmade products with a unique design focus.S/He uses traditional methods in the process. S/He makes these products themselves or with the assistance of a team and takes responsibility for sourcing and finishing the product.
Submission Requirements: What do you have to do?
- You may submit entries for as many categories as you see fit. For each category you can submit no more than 3 products.
- You are required to submit a minimum of 5 high-resolution images for each product with a brief description of product and design inspiration, and technique and materials used in 300-400 words
- Entries should include as much detail as possible, including images of all sides of the product. with details of what material is used to make it. Please make sure to submit product images against a plain background as well as a stylized version
- For best results, make sure your images are a JPG or PNG file cropped to a 4:3 format, are at least 1000 px wide, and no larger than 4MB
- Products submitted as entries to the competition must be available for shipping. The top 20 semi-finalists will be requested to ship the products for quality check and Jury selection. The shipping cost (both ways) will be borne by the organizers as reimbursements
- Submit your application no later than 30 November 2020 on www.agaati.com
Submission Deadlines: When do you have to submit your entries?
- Submission of application: 30 November, 2020
- Announcement of semi-finalists: 16 December, 2020
- Semi-finalists submission (shipping) of products: 21 December, 2020
- Announcement of finalists: 12 February, 2021
- Award ceremony on zoom with a conference: 23 February, 2021
After all submission has been finalized, AGAATI jury will start the process of the official selection. This process is to select the qualified entries and prepare them for the external jury voting. The first level of screening will be based on all the images and write ups submitted by applicants.
Upon selection, all semi-finalists have to send their physical products to a location determined by the aforementioned deadline along with the tracking number. An external Jury Panel consisting of leading figures of the fashion and sustainability movement will assess the entries and vote on the finalists and winners of the competition.