The Global Eco Artisans Awards 2021, organized by AGAATI is a global competition to recognize, celebrate and promote the best in eco-artisanal handcrafted textiles and luxe accessories from visionary makers from all over the world. We aspire to uncover emerging talent to be our partners in leading the 'Fashion for Change' movement.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to take lives and upend livelihoods, exacerbate inequalities and create uncertainty for all of us, we remain committed in our mission to empower artisans by discovering talent and in bridging the gap between our makers and the global market.
Eligibility: Who are we looking for?
Artisans who are passionate about creating one-of-a-kind, environmentally conscious, handmade luxe accessories and textiles that will WOW the modern woman.
The following product categories qualify for the awards:
- Jewelry - necklaces, earrings, rings, bracelets, hair accessories
- Scarves & Stoles
3 meters of finished textile that can be used for garments, accessories or home decor
- Hand weaved, hand knitted
- Hand embroidered, quilted, appliqued
- Block printed
- Hand painted, hand dyed, batik
Qualifiers: We will accept products made with natural or nontoxic dyes, recycled fabrics, handmade, zero waste philosophy & empowering artisans with fair wages.
Non-qualifiers: We will not accept products made in synthetics or leather. Materials have to be environment friendly without toxic or hazardous content. Use of waste, recycled or eco friendly material is highly recommended.
Who is an Artisan?
An artisan is a skilled individual who creates original and high quality handmade products with a unique design focus.S/He uses traditional methods in the process. S/He makes these products themselves or with the assistance of a team and takes responsibility for sourcing and finishing the product.
Submission Requirements: What do you have to do?
- You may submit entries for as many categories as you see fit. For each category you can submit no more than 3 products.
- You are required to submit a minimum of 5 high-resolution images for each product with a brief description of product and design inspiration, and technique and materials used in 300-400 words
- Entries should include as much detail as possible, including images of all sides of the product. with details of what material is used to make it. Please make sure to submit product images against a plain background as well as a stylized version
- For best results, make sure your images are a JPG or PNG file cropped to a 4:3 format, are at least 1000 px wide, and no larger than 4MB
- Products submitted as entries to the competition must be available for shipping. The top 10 semi-finalists will be requested to ship the products for quality check and Jury selection. The shipping cost (both ways) will be borne by the organizers as reimbursements
- Submit your application no later than 30 November 2020 on www.agaati.com
Submission Deadlines: When do you have to submit your entries?
- Submission of application: 30 November, 2020
- Announcement of semi-finalists (Top 15): 16 December, 2020
- Semi-finalists submission (shipping) of physical products: 21 December, 2020
- Announcement of finalists : 12 February, 2021
- Announcement of winners, award ceremony and conference via zoom: 23 Feruary, 2021
After all submission has been finalized, AGAATI jury will start the process of the official selection. This process is to select the qualified entries (top 15 semi-finalists) and prepare them for the external jury voting. The first level of screening will be based on all the images and write ups submitted by applicants.
Upon selection, all semi-finalists have to send their physical products to a location determined by the aforementioned deadline along with the tracking number. An external Jury Panel consisting of leading figures of the fashion and sustainability movement will assess the entries and vote on the finalists and winners of the competition.
Prize: What is in it for you?
Top 10 semi-finalists
- Free promotion of your products and profile among our international clients and customers during the duration of the competition through social media posts
Top 5 finalists:
- Free listing & commission-free sales of your products at agaati.com for 6 months
- Free marketing of your product entries on our social media platforms for 6 months
- Free exposure to a niche international client group through feature stories in our newsletter (1 story per finalist)
- 1 blog featuring each finalists and their product
Top 3 winners
The top 5 finalists will be the first cohort of artisans partners for long-term collaborations.
- All of the above
- Cash prize: To be published by 5 October 2020
- Design consultancy with Saloni Shrestha, Founder and Design Head of AGAATI
Selection Criteria: What are we looking for?
The Jury will select the winners based on the following criteria:
- Design & Aesthetics (35%)
- Craftsmanship & Materials (35%)
- Quality & Finish (30%)
Awards Ceremony: How will we celebrate?
We will not let the COVID 19 crisis stop us from celebrating! All applicants will be invited to a ZOOM Awards Ceremony in the form of a conference where we will make sure you get to meet and learn from each other.
- Enter your email here and get all the latest updates and announcements of the competition right in your mailbox.
- Follow us on Facebook / Instagram / LinkedIn to know more about the awards and more.
APPLY HERE to be part of global community of leading artisans and connect with customers from the comfort of your home
Join Us: How can YOU get involved?
Partner: Help us reach untapped artisans and geographies to create a BUZZ!
Sponsor: We welcome sponsorships of all sizes and nature
Volunteer: Be a part of an A Team to organize exciting aspects of this competition
Spread the Word: Forward this information to members in your network and communities and help drive applications
To know more about these above opportunities, contact email@example.com