About the Conference
The Global Eco Artisans Awards 2021 will culminate in a conference in February 2021, bringing together thought leaders from all sides of the ecosystem who together empower the artisanal community to thrive. 150+ participants representing artisans, governments, industry leaders, activists, NGOs, craft councils, domain experts, jury members, influencers, media and customers will share best practices, experiences, collaborations and opportunities for artisans to not only survive this crisis but flourish in the long run. The winners of the competition will also be announced at the conference.
February 23, 2021
Welcome Address & A Short Video
Purpose, Inspiration & Actions : Saloni Shrestha, Founder, AGAATI
Indonesia - 7:30 p.m./USA EST - 7:30 a.m. / London - 12:30 p.m. / Africa (Cairo)- 2:30 p.m./India - 6:00 pm. D
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Craft & Kranti- The Revolution of the Heart & Hand
Kranti - a revolution that begins from within involves the human spirit. The alignment of creativity and harmony with nature is becoming an undeniable urgency of our era. Can craft lead the way towards conscious change, and be the antidote to mainstream fast fashion that has led to callous degradation, of both man and environment? Can craft and the genius of Made By Hand preserve the sanctity of the planet? Creativity must address a higher purpose that shifts our mindset from selfcenteredness to nature-centeredness. It is time to integrate spirituality, individuality and sustainability as a way of life
Bandana Tewari, Lifestyle editor, Sustainability activist, TEDx Speaker, Purpose, Inspiration & Actions Saloni Shrestha, Founder, AGAATI
Indonesia - 7:30 p.m./USA EST - 7:30 a.m. / London - 12:30 p.m. / Africa (Cairo)- 2:30 p.m./India - 6:00 pm Former editor-at-large, Vogue India
SESSION 02: Human Rights for artisans of the world
• How far have we come with regards to the right to fair prices, fair wages, progressive policies and industry practices
• Factors influencing inclusion and success of women artisans
• What do we do to get better - understanding rights and principles of fair trade
• Success stories where brands have provided rights and dignity to marginalized communities
• Consumer awareness of human rights in the artisan economy
Rebecca van Bergen, Founder, Build a Nest
Roopa Mehta, President, World Fair Trade Organization
Orsola de Castro, Founder and Global Creative Director, Fashion Revolution Moderator : TBC
Indonesia - 7:55 p.m./USA EST - 7:55 a.m. / London - 12:55 p.m. /Africa- 2:55 p.m./ India - 6:25 p.m.
SESSION 03: Artisan to Entrepreneur: How to get started, grow & sustain
• Role of artisans in the global economy and their impact on society as a whole
• How technology accelerates transition to online commerce
• Role of artisans as sustainability entrepreneurs
• Elevating the value of artisanship in the minds of the modern consumer
• Success stories of the panelists and what others can learn from it
Sreya Mozumdar, Executive Director Craftmark, AIACA - India
Artisan from Build a Nest - TBC
Shoshana Stewart, CEO, Turquoise Mountain, by HRH The Prince of Wales Moderator - TBC
Indonesia - 8:35 p.m./USA EST - 8:35 a.m. / London - 1:35 p.m. /Africa- 3:35 p.m./ India - 7:05 p.m.
SESSION 04 : Video presentation of semifinalists and their products
Indonesia - 9:15 p.m./USA EST - 9:15 a.m. / London - 2:15 p.m. /Africa- 4:15 p.m./ India - 7:45 p.m.
SESSION 05: Empower the Hand Behind the Handmade
• How different stakeholders from the fashion industry can empower inclusive participation of artisans globally
• Responsibility of designers, conservationists and fashion schools in preserving heritage craft while keeping it alive for the future world
• How brands can collaborate and incorporate artisan craftsmanship in their creations
• Artisans managing successful collaborations - creative and commercial
Bibhu Mohapatra, Creative Head, Bibhu Mohapatra
HH Rani Radhikaraje of Baroda, Textile Revivalist, Director of CDS Art Foundation Heritage, Textile Conservationist
Sandra Markus, Chair of Fashion, Fashion Institute of Technology Moderator - Saloni Shrestha, Founder AGAATI
Indonesia - 9:20 p.m./USA EST - 9:20 a.m. / London - 2:20 p.m. / Africa- 4:20 p.m./ India - 7:50 p.m.
Video presentation of finalists and their products. Announcements of the top 4 winners in textile and accessory. Winners will join.
Indonesia - 10:00 p.m./USA EST - 10:00 a.m. / London - 3:00 p.m. /Africa- 5:00 p.m./ India - 8:30 p.m.
Thank you to everyone and whats next !
Baishali Bomjan, Communications Lead, AGAATI
Indonesia - 10:10 p.m./USA EST - 10:10 a.m. / London - 3:15 p.m. /Africa- 4:15 p.m./ India - 8:25 p.m.